Thomas Bland Sculpture of our Guiding Principles

Friday, March 11, 2011

On a personal note....

I often wonder what individual art teachers do when they are feeling artistic.  I am a textile artist.  I am a quilter.  I have been quilting with the same gals, The Quilting Fans, for 23 years.  Our hobby brought us together but our lives are sewn together with many shared experiences.  We watched our youngest member bring twins into the world.  We've all experienced the angst of watching our children graduate from high school, select colleges, and leave home for the first time, knowing that they wouldn't be returning home much ever again.    Two of our members had children who graduated from academies.  Go Navy!  Go Airforce!  Oh!  I cannot forget all the beginning drivers and our graying hairs!  We've buried mothers and fathers and one sister.  We've survived breast cancer, and held one of us up through a divorce.  Penny said, "We've loved each other through the good, the bad, and the ugly!"  So true...  We've attended many weddings and now we are becomming grandmothers.  Lot's of baby quilts are in the works!  I thought I would share some of my quilts from time to time.  I will post my grandson's quilt that I made for my daughter's first baby shower.  I also made the sock monkey.  I recently finished two quilt tops that I will have quilted by a professional quilter.  I hope you enjoy this glimpse into my artistic life.

No comments:

Post a Comment