Thomas Bland Sculpture of our Guiding Principles

Wednesday, January 18, 2012

Professional Development

January 3, 2012
I really enjoy professional development days, I really do.  I learn so much about things I'm interested in and often times things I'm not particularly interested in but benefit from knowing, for example:  how student fees are allocated, logging onto the district's web site to pay for your lunches, etc.  My favorite professional development days are spent with the other elementary art teachers in the district.  Today was one of those days!  My mouth actually salivates when I see some of the work of the other teachers in my district.  I love seeing the different lessons they teach and how they display their student's artwork.  Katie Collier's son actually made chandeliers from pizza rounds and paper towel and toilet tissue rolls.  She has them hanging in the hallway outside of her room.  They are great!  Katie's displays have a real whimsical touch to them.  I can't stop smiling when I see her bulletin boards.  I love the art language Bev Staub uses when she explains things to her students and to us, her art peers.  It is clear how deeply she understands the concepts she wants her students to understand.  I learn so much when I am with my art comrads.  My heart actually sings!

No comments:

Post a Comment