Thomas Bland Sculpture of our Guiding Principles

Wednesday, May 9, 2012

Oh, what a busy year it's been!

Hello Maple Glen Families
One of my goals this year was to keep my blog updated and I did well until mid-winter!  This year is the first time I participated in Indiana's Youth Art Month.  Bev Staub, art teacher at WWES, was the coordinator for YAM this year so my services were called to the forefront!  It was a wonderful experience for the five students I entered in the event and I'll participate again.  It was also very time consuming but a good time was had by all!  Pictured are the five students honored to have work displayed at the Indiana State House.

First Grade:  Aubrey Hume-Her study of Wassily Kandinsky-lines, shapes, and color.
                    Hanna Dykema-Her study of Indiana artist Johnny Gruelle and beginning weaving
Second Grade:  Allie Wickham-Her study of George Rodrigue's "Blue Dog".  Allie won second place   over all in the elementary division!  Congratulations again to Allie!!!
Third Grade:  T.J. Smith-His study of Wayne Thiebaud
Fourth Grade:  Reagan Motsinger and her study of Batik and the techniques used to apply wax to fabric.

I am soooo proud of all of you!





Ms. Siminski

No comments:

Post a Comment