Thomas Bland Sculpture of our Guiding Principles

Thursday, January 9, 2014

Halloween Zentangles

This Halloween has been a different Halloween for my community and the surrounding areas. We have the worst forecast ever! There is a chance of two inches of rain accumulation along with 60 mpr wind gusts with lightening, thunder, and the possibility of tornadoes. Needless to say, the children aren't Trick or Treating tonight. Everything has been postponed till tomorrow evening. I don't usually interrupt my art lessons for holidays but this year called for a new strategy since the kids have to postpone their activities for a day. I knew the art room would be buzzing so today I had my 4th graders make Halloween Zentangles. I shared the history of Jack-O-Lanterns along with numerous photos of carved pumpkins that have been elevated to a sculptural, art form. We cranked up the spooky music and they did a great job!

No comments:

Post a Comment