Thomas Bland Sculpture of our Guiding Principles

Friday, June 17, 2011

My first summer project!

I have been working on my sewing room/art studio since March.  This week I painted a small, three- drawered, chest that I purchased from Goodwill.  I have needed someplace to store my knitting and all my yarn because I have a certain kitty, Mocha, who loves to drag my yarn all over the house!  This usually occurs shortly after I have gone to bed!  Now she can forget about the yarn and I can store it in its own place.  The flowers were loosly patterned off of the rug in the room.  The pink is two shades darker than the wall color.  I learned many years ago that when painting furniture to blend with a certain room, the best way to get a matched color was to use a color from the same "color card" I selected the wall paint from.

No comments:

Post a Comment